Impact Startup Factory kicked off in Cluj-Napoca with an intensive 3 days bootcamp, where enthusiastic entrepreneurs worked hard to turn their ideas into successfull business plans.
From bikes with a roof that can offer you a safe and eco transportation even during the rainy days to ecommerce platforms with adult coloring books that will support the education system in Africa, all the 7 business ideas from Cluj-Napoca selected for the next round of the program are diverse and innovative and can positively impact the world.
Teams have now entered the next phase of the program, the market expedition. On July 29th, teams will present the developed plans in front of the jury in a Pitching Session.
Check out the 5 ideas from Cluj-Napoca that can change the world we live in and stay tuned. You will soon hear a lot more about them.·
- Trike Mobil: a covered, extra-safe tricycle powered by electric motor to build safety and comfort;
- Coluor: an ecommerce platform with adult coloring pages inspired by Africa created by illustrators from all around the world;
- Hempniture: Hempniture or Furniture made from industrial hemp. Just like Ikea, but better, stronger and sustainable, because it can be made from waste;
- Green School: building authentic, hands-on and democratic learning contexts for k-8 learners and their teachers;
- Transilvania Archery: teaching alternative ways to spend time with the family and learning a skill that might be useful.
Impact Startup Factory is an incubation program organized by Impact Hub Bucharest, Impact Hub Cluj-Napoca and Impact Hub Zurich, in partnership with the Swiss-Romanian Cooperation.
The Social Impact Incubator is a partnership between Impact Hubs in Romania and Impact Hub Zurich to adapt an innovation and entrepreneurship methodology developed in Switzerland for growing Romanian communities through the power of startups designed for profit, people and planet.
The initiative will be implemented March 2016 – February 2017 and is co-financed by a grant from Switzerland through the Swiss Contribution to the enlarged European Union in total value of 73,116.72 CHF.